Saturday, July 8, 2023

Mission helper blog: teaching in Dang, Nepal

7/4/23

A little late with this post, but this was written the night of July 4th :) …

Today started out with a nice breakfast at the hotel my team and I stayed at. This time we were separated from the rest of the group because the other two groups had another 2 hours of bus riding to get to their teaching destinations. The rain created a bit of a stream that had to be crossed by foot towards the end of our trip. I'm grateful we didn't have a long journey after because I found some pretty cool and decently large rocks!
 
A lot of the kids there understood English and could speak some. My dad, Missionary Ohlmann, even got the chance to ask the group some questions since he knew they were a little more familiar with how that works. This church had a drum set, guitar, microphone, and amp, which made the music much sweeter and more fun. Some of the teenage girls, very pretty and wholesome, came up after we were done teaching, and I remembered to take a picture with them! (See picture at the bottom)

Rajan had mentioned on our way that this church was one that was in the process of joining the Himalayan Church of the Lutheran Confession of Nepal. All I can say is that I hope the words we spoke to them encouraged them in their faith and that the congregation continues to work with the HCLCN.

Blessings!
-Lydia Ohlmann