Tuesday, July 11, 2023

7/8/23 Mission Helper Blog Post

Wrote this the day of, but forgot to post it...haha.


This is coming from someone who hasn't ever had an affinity towards choir or singing at all really… today we got to sing in front of the congregation here in Kathmandu, Nepal. We sang hymn 54 (Guide Me Oh Thou Great Jehovah) then hymn 36 (Now Thank We All Our God) and then hymn 200 (I Know That My Redeemer Lives). Getting to sing those wonderful lyrics, even if they're not fully understood, was a blessing I'll never forget. Let me tell ya… something about singing with a group of good-sounding people, in front of smiling and inspiring faces… really made me excited for choir at ILC this fall. And to add to that, I got to listen to my dad give a sermon this morning too. It had been a while, so it was a nice finishing touch to the morning of worship!


Got to try some ice cream at a place called "silk" today. It was lovely. We didn't do any teaching today unfortunately but tomorrow we leave to teach in an area about 3-4 hours away. Keeping you all in my prayers :)


Lamentations 3:22-23

"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."


In Christ,

-Lydia Ohlmann